Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whole Wheat Pancakes

Oh man do I wish I had time to make this delicious of a breakfast every morning. I guess it's just that much better on the days I can that way...just remember, everything happens for a reason.

Okay, that's enough drama for this post, but pancakes are kid of a big deal. Make them healthy and they might just make your day.

You can tackle this morning-meal two different ways:
1. Prepare a few batches of dry mix and store it so it's always ready when you want it. (That's what I do!)

2. Prepare the dry mix and just mix it up with the wet ingredients and cook them right away.

 
  

Yummmm!

Recipe time!

1 batch of dry mix: 
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 t salt
2 T sugar
2 t baking powder

1 batch makes about 9 pancakes measured out with a 1/3 cup. 

For every 1 1/2 cup of dry mix add:

1 - 1 1/3 cup milk ( I use 1 cup of almond milk, and the pancakes end up pretty fluffy)
2 eggs
2 T canola/coconut oil

Mix it all up, mix it all up! 

I love these pancakes with nothing but honey on them. It soaks in just perfect and is so sweet and breakfast-y. I just love it...a lot. 

Happy breakfast! 



No comments:

Post a Comment