Monday, July 29, 2013

Post Workout Power Oats


I decided I'm going to start running. Or trying to. So today I started my Couch to 5K training program to prepare for our local 5K and the Color Dash that is coming to my college town, I am super excited for both, and to hopefully see results! I just have to keep my butt in gear! 

So I got home from my first (easy) workout and decided it wasn't too late to make today a good day, so that's what I did! I mixed up some flax cookies, then made these yummy oats! 


I call them power oats because they are packed full of protein, complex carbs, energizers, and yummy-ness! 

One of the main sources if protein in these oats is an egg white! Weird, I know. But if you're like me and prefer oats cooked over the stove you just add it in a few seconds after the oats. However, if you prefer the microwave you put the egg white right in with the original water and oats. 

My other ingredients in this bowl of sludge are oats, of course (1/2 cup), boiled in 1 cup water, 1 banana, a handful of walnuts, and cinnamon to taste. 

I gave directions for the egg white, but the banana, nuts, and cinnamon can be added just for serving in your bowl, or cooked in your pan for a few seconds. (I prefer cooking them!) 

This will definitely be a meal I will repeat, as it is clean, protein-packed, and very filling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment