Saturday, July 27, 2013

College Readiness...Or Lack There-Of

Sorry about the delay on posts lately! We have been one busy family and I have been one stressed-out girl. Maybe I should take a look at my De-Stress section, eh?

Anyway, I move in for my freshman year of college in exactly 32 days, and I am SO unprepared. I have been working so much and spending all my free time sleeping that I haven't really even thought about what to bring, how to bring it, how to decorate, etc.

(That last part is a little bit of a lie, I have some stuff made, but I WILL NOT tolerate a plain-Jane room.)

I recently downloaded the College Checklist app to help me and set some guidelines for what to bring. It gives a list of the essentials under like 3 subcategories, and you check off what ones you have. It is very specific and in-depth, I would definitely recommend it.
*BONUS: it's freeee!

In the time I have thought about school I realized I'm not nervous at all about the classes, or getting around campus. My main concern is my social life (is that bad?)

I'm really concerned that I will have a hard time making friends and will end up alone. I only have a couple friends from high school going to my school, but we all have different majors and of course no classes together. But, that's okay. I WANT to branch out and make new friends. HELP MEE!

I have 3 more weeks of work, then I have one full week + 3 days off to get my sh*t together. I will keep you posted on the stability of my sanity level. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment