Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday America!

This weekend has NOT been the best health-wise, but family/camping food just can't be beat taste-wise! I have a recipe/directions listed first, for "Eggs in a Bag" followed by yet more indulgences!

It sounds weird, but it works, and they're  awesome, healthy breakfast. (If you don't load them with crap!) 
We are still camping and Eggs in a Bag are kind of a go-to camping breakfast for us. 
All you do is crack 2 eggs (no more!) in a sandwich size ziplock bag, smush them up, then add your veggies/cheese/protein, and smush that around. 
Seal the bag tightly, then put it in a pot of boiling water for 13 minutes. 
You have to hold the tops of the bags up somehow, or they will melt! 


It's a perfect little omelette! 

We had those yesterday (the 4th!) and they were seriously one of the only healthy parts of my day. :( 
My sister and mom made this insane cake, so if course I had to try that! 
The colors were made with both food coloring and strawberries/blueberries! 


Finally, today, I went on a 26 mile bike ride on the state trail here in the town we're camping in with my boyfriend,


and then we stopped my favorite ice cream shop in the whole world in this tiny little town, and got the best ice cream ever! (Firecracker and Superman!) 


I promise, healthy stuff will start soon! 
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! 


No comments:

Post a Comment