Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Best Cookies EVER (pssst, they're healthy!)

Here is my first recipe I'm sharing with you guys! I decided I'd start with my absolute favorite healthy recipe so far. We almost always have these cookies around the house. Even my friends/family/boyfriend love them! They are super chewy (even more so if you use old fashioned oats rather than quick) and don't taste healthy at all. They are high in fiber and protien with the perfect amount of sweetness. The original recipe called for melted margarine, but I substitute canola oil to make them healthier. My grandma is trying them soon with coconut oil, so I'll keep you posted on how that turns out! In the meantime, enjoy this recipe for Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Flax Cookies!

1/3 c whole wheat flour
1/3 c AP flour
1 1/2 c oats (kind depends on how chewy you want them)
2 T flax meal
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
6 T canola oil
3/4 c light brown sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 large egg
1/3 bag chocolate chips

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixer.
*IMPORTANT! Combine oil and brown sugar and add to dry ing.
Beat well.
Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
Bake 11 minutes (quick oats) or 13 minutes (rolled oats) at 350.

PS...the coconut oil works! Just be sure to melt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment