Thursday, July 11, 2013

No-Bake Oatmeal Cookie Dough Energy Bites

Since I've entered the real world this summer and got a job, I need some stuff to keep in the fridge that I can just throw in my lunch bag.
I also like it when the stuff tastes good.
So, these little "cookie dough" balls are perfect for that!

***TRICK: personally, I think they're better when they've been in the fridge for a week, the favors really sink into the oatmeal and blend well.

I would definitely suggest melting the peanut butter a little too before trying to mix it, otherwise they stay really dry.
I also prefer them with old fashioned/rolled oats, but quick will work as well.

Recipe:
 1 C Oats
1/2 C Natural Peanut Butter
1/3 C Honey (local if you can find it!)
1/3 Coconut Flakes (raw or toasted)
1/2 C Chocolate Chips (mini tend to mil a little better)
1/2 C Ground Flax Meal
1 t Vanilla

Not only are these little guys one of  the easiest thing to pack in a lunch, they are nearly effortless to make!
Just mix all the ingredients together really well, and refrigerate the dough for a half hour or so.
After the dough is chilled and stiff, roll it into about 1 inch balls.
Keep in the refrigerator for as long as they last...I can almost promise it won't be long. My 8 year old brother eats likes is every half hour. I typically have to hide them.

Another great combo if you're not into chocolate (you crazy fool!) would be to throw in a dash of cinnamon and sub raisins for the chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment